Sports injuries have a nasty effect on the feet due to the force the feet come under when stressed. If your active in sporting activities, whether it be for fun or as a career, it can have a lasting effect on your foot and ankle health. It’s imperative that special support devices are used during sports to both aid in the recovery of sports-related injuries and further minimize lasting damage.
The usual causes that make feet more disposed to sports injuries include trauma, incorrect warm-ups, excessively concentrated trainings, modest footwear and running on bumpy surfaces. This can lead to the following condition:
Methods of treatment include:
- Utilize insoles to help offset friction and shock forces placed upon the feet during sporting activities.
- Wear shoes that fit correctly and which do not squeeze the foot. Make sure shoes are secure and feet don’t slip and slide inside the shoe.
- Introduce physical therapy into your daily routine and make sure to stretch properly.
- Use orthotics in your shoes to redistributing pressure away from painful areas of your feet.
- Cortisone injections may be helpful with reducing inflammation caused by sporting activities.
At the Foot and Ankle Centers of North Houston, located in Northwest Houston (281) 444-4114, Northeast Houston (281) 446-7773, Tomball (281) 351-8866, Liberty Dayton (936) 336-2633, The Woodlands (936) 231-8500 and Atascocita (281) 883-4849, TX, we have the experience and treatment facilities to ensure that your feet have the best defense available so you can play at your best and keep your feet safe at the same time! Please make an appointment with our offices at any of the numbers provided above.